Testing SEND and EAL students
Broadly, we recommend the following regarding accommodations for PASS. The advice may vary depending on the purpose of the assessment and the needs of each individual child.
The following accommodations CAN be used with PASS:
- Reader (audio is provided for Level 1, Levels 2-4 can be read to students if required)
- Practical assistance
- Prompt (prompting students to keep them on track)
- Coloured overlay
The following accommodations CANNOT be used with PASS:
- Enlargement (currently we do not have a paper version of PASS)
The following accommodations MIGHT be acceptable to use with PASS – please contact us for further details:
- Additional time (student’s work will only be saved once the ‘Submit’ button has been selected so please consider this when planning timings)
- Rest Break (student’s work will only be saved once the ‘Submit’ button has been selected so please consider this when planning timings)
If you have other accommodations or needs that are not listed above, please contact us:
Using a reader or practical assistant
In these instances, we advise that the survey is completed in a one-to-one environment with a trusted adult to encourage and support honest answers due to the sensitive nature of the survey.
Testing EAL students
Translated statements in 26 other languages are available on request (in paper format only) to support students with English as an Additional Language (EAL). Please find the list of available languages below:
Arabic; Bengali; Simplified Chinese; Traditional Chinese; Farsi; French; Hindi; Italian; Japanese; Korean; Kurdish; Bahdini; Latvian; Lithuanian; Nepali; Polish; Portuguese; Romanian; Russian; Somali; Spanish; Thai; Turkish; Ukrainian; Urdu; Vietnamese; Welsh.
Please Contact Us for more information on PASS languages: