What happens on the day?
- Teachers should make sure they are familiar with each subtest (for advice on how to do this please see Before the session begins in Pre-testing essentials)
- The nine subtests can be done in any order
- The nine subtests do not have to be attempted in a single sitting
- Screening should be carried out in reasonably quiet surroundings with minimal distractions
- Each subtest is preceded by a demonstration and/or practice items
- Upon completion of the practice phrase, the test will start
- Younger students should be supervised during the screening
- Older students, once they have started, may not need supervision
- Most of the subtests in CoPS are adaptive; the program will automatically adjust the difficulty of the items to suit the ability of the student
- In general, the items get harder the longer the subtest continues
- Ensure that the student is paying attention, is on task and not distracted
- Specific teacher feedback should be avoided but general encouragement is okay as long as it is related to task completion rather than task accuracy, and it should be delivered equitably to all students
- Completed subtests will be clearly marked with a tick
Ensure that your machines are appropriately set up to run the subtests.
- Run the Diagnostic Tool (available from glready.com/student) on all machines that will be used for testing. We recommend you do this while logged in to each machine as a student.
- Ensure that the speakers are working, or that the students have access to working headphones.
For further information please see ‘Is the equipment functioning correctly?’ in the User Manual available here.
Information about the minimum system requirements can be found here.
Time needed for testing
The Assessment in its entirety takes approximately 45-60 minutes to complete, however we recommend administering over more than one testing session due to the age of the cohort being tested.
Please see Pre-testing essentials for further preparation details.
Please see the CoPS Quick Start Guide in the Downloads section for clear, step-by-step administration instructions.