Importing Students into Testwise using the Wonde Portal
Wonde & GL Assessment / GL Education Relationship
Wonde connects to the information that is held within a school’s MIS (e.g. Capita SIMS, WCBS and Engage) and uses this information to produce a CSV to be uploaded into your TestWise account - making the process much easier!
This user guide will give step by step instructions as to how to do this.
Step 1: Contact Us
To start the process, if you have not already done so, please contact GL Assessment / GL Education via one of the following methods stating your interest:
- E-mail: [email protected] with ‘Wonde’ in the subject heading.
- Telephone: 0330 123 5375, option 3.
Please provide the following details:
- School Name
- Postcode (or City, if you do not have one)
- Contact Name
- (please note this should be someone who has the relevant authority to approve access to your school’s Management Information System)
- Contact E-mail Address Contact Telephone Number
We will then provide support (via e-mail or telephone) to begin the process of creating the connection with Wonde.
Once we have provided that support, you can then move on to Step 2 of the process.
Step 2: Logging Into The Wonde Portal
If you have administrative access to Wonde for your school, you can log in using this link:
If you are unsure whether you have previously activated your Wonde account or if you would like to set one up, please contact [email protected] who will be happy to help.
From here, you can login by searching for your school.
Search for your school; you can use your school’s postcode or school name:
Enter your email address or username and click the ‘Send magic link’ button:
Check your email and enter the code presented within the e-mail
Step 3: Approving the GL Assessment Connection
Within the Wonde Portal Dashboard, select the GL Assessment tile
Click on ‘Permissions’
From the permissions page you can take ownership of the data you would like to share with GL Assessment/GL Education.
Clicking the ‘Student’, ‘Groups, Classes & Subjects’ & ‘SEN’ drop downs will show you the specific student data you will be allowing usto access.
Some of these data fields are mandatory in Testwise and they are therefore also mandatory within the Wonde portal.
However, there are optional fields that you can control within the Wonde portal, simply by enabling or disabling fields via the toggle function.
When you are happy with the data you will be providing to GL Assessment/GL Education, click the ‘Approve Access’ button
And then 'Approve Access' again on the Confirm Action dialogue box
At this point, Wonde will be sent a notification informing them that you have approved access and they will then conduct an internal audit to ensure the connection is in place and the reports are running correctly.
If there isn’t an existing Wonde connection at your school then you will be taken to the following page.
Depending on the MIS your school uses, you may be asked to book an appointment with a member of Wonde’s integration team (these appointments take approximately 15 minutes).
This audit can take up to a day and you will therefore need to come back to the Wonde portal to download the CSV file once this audit has been completed - please check back after a day has passed.
Step 4: Access Control
Once your school has approved the connection and passed Wonde’s internal audit process (i.e. the connection is in place and the reports are running correctly) both the ‘Access Control’ and ‘CSV Download’ option can then be selected.
The Access Control option allows the school to remove users from the TestWise CSV Dow nload (i.e. if a parent doesn’t want their child ’s details being shared with GL Assessment /GL Education ).
You will be presented with 3 options, select which option is most appropriate for your needs:
- Allow access to all users: This means that all users data will be available to GLAssessment/GL Education.
- Exclude certain users and allow access to all others: This will allow you to exclude studentsfrom the data provided to GL Assessment/GL Education.
- Allow access to certain users and exclude all others:This will allow you to approve access to only certain studentsand to exclude the remaining students within your school when providing data to GL Assessment/GL Education.
Step 5: CSV Download
When a user has approved access to GL Assessment/GL Education they can then download a CSV fileto upload into their Testwiseaccount.
Click ‘CSV Download’ from the Wonde Portal dashboard:
From within this section, click the ‘Download CSV’ button
Now you are asked to select a unique identifier for use within Testwise.
If you are a current Testwise user, then it is very important you select the unique identifier you have previously used for your students within Testwise.
If you are new to Testwise, then we would suggest you use the ‘UPN’ value if thisis available to you.
Now select whether you want to download all students from your school’s Management Information System or only students from a class or group:
When you click ‘Download’, your file will download and save to your ‘Downloads’ folder on your device.
You can then import the students selected into Testwise.
Step 6: Importing the CSV Into TestWise
- Ensure that the students you wish to update are in the file produced within the Wonde portal.
- Edit your Student List in the csv file created from the Wonde portal if required.
Note: The unique identifiers in your file must match Testwise to update a student. If a different unique identifier is used then a new student record will be created.
- Once you are happy with your student list and it is ready to import,click the Students button from the home screen within Testwise.
- Click the Import Students button to display the Import Students page.
- Click the Browse button to display the Choose File Upload box. Then navigate to the .csv file you have downloaded from the Wonde portalto import and then click the Open button.
- Verify the student details on the page and then click the Import button to complete the update process.
Note: Student data included in the csv file will be coloured blue and considered updated even if you have not made any changes to the student record.
Note: If the data has not passed the verification process, then the Import button will change to 'Retry Import'. To correct the errors in the data:
- Identify exactly where the errors are by finding the fields highlight in red within the data grid. Scroll through the full list of students to find all theerrors. The data that is missing or incorrect will have a red box around it. To find out more information about each error hover your mouse over the red warning marker shown in the last column of the row.
- Open MS Excel (or the CSV editing software), and then open the file that contained the errors.
- Correct the errors in the file.
- Save the changes you have made.
- Click the 'Retry Import' button.
- Repeat step 5 (above).
- Click Import if the changes highlighted in the summary are correct. Note: If you are not happy with the changes in the summary page you can simply edit the file again and re-upload.
- Once your update file has been processed you will be sent an email confirming the success of your upload.
- Now that you have received confirmation of your updates/import you can go back into the Student List and check that the required changes have been made.
- To return to the home screen, click the Home button