Online Workshops: Data Triangulation
Five-week online workshop facilitated by Matthew Savage, most recently Principal at the International Community School, Amman. A global voice in the use of student-level data to boost student wellbeing and personalise learning, Matthew works with schools worldwide to help them look ‘beneath the mask’. He specialises in the use of CAT4, PT Series and PASS to complete each student’s data triangle, and to help them #thrive and #belong.
Outstanding international schools now know that quality use of quality data is essential. Once a school has begun to tread the ‘data road’, it needs to grow its own data advocates and experts to maximise student-level impact. This will also ensure that the school’s use of data is sustainable in the long-term.
In this course, you will learn how to get the most from your PASS data, then compare this data with a range of assessments including CAT4 and PT Series (or other attainment tests). The triangulation of your data will provide actionable insight through many lenses and levels. Please note:
- The course is delivered via an online portal.
- The course lasts five weeks and requires an average commitment of up to five hours per week. Delegates can schedule their activity at times that are convenient for them, but should aim to engage early each week to take maximum advantage of the group dialogue.
- Group discussion via the online portal represents a significant part of the course, with the opportunity to share experience and insight with other delegates from around the world.
- You will be required to sit the PASS test during the first week of the course, to gain valuable insight into your students’ experience of the assessment.
- Your active contribution in these tasks and discussions is a prerequisite of certification.
Overview of course content
- Why do we need data?
- Attitudes - PISA and beyond
- Introducing the PASS survey
- The 9 PASS measures
- Interpreting the PASS scores
- Identifying interventions
- Digging for treasure
- Student profiles – attitudes (PASS), ability (CAT4), attainment (e.g. PT Series)
- International school case studies
- The PASS domains
- Triangulation models – attitudes (PASS), ability (CAT4), attainment (e.g. PT Series)
- Making it real – sample data triangulation analysis
The majority of the learning in week 5 takes place in the discussion forum, with delegates having the opportunity to discuss with each other the flags the data presents, how they might interpret or investigate them further, and what interventions they might consider in order to 'change their story'.
- Be confident and competent in the use of data, with a genuine interest in PASS, CAT4 and attainment test data (such as PT Series).
- Be involved in the management and use of whole school, student-level data;
- Have a genuine interest in student attitudes to learning.
- Have an interest in and passion for the potential of student-level data to transform both learning and wellbeing.
- Be prepared to engage regularly throughout the course, including regular and frequent participation in forums and online tasks.
- The charge for these workshops is £275 per delegate.
- Please note that due to popular demand, registrations are currently restricted to two delegates per school.
- Fill in the form below to register.
Events and Training Cancellation and Refund policy
Substitutions welcome at any time. Written cancellations received 2 weeks or more before the conference or training date will qualify for a full refund. Written cancellations made between 2 weeks and 1 week before the conference or training date will qualify for a 50% + VAT refund per ticket. Cancellations made less than a week before the conference or training date will not quality for a refund.
All cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. GL Assessment reserves the right to alter the programme without notice due to unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right in our absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel the programme in which all monies will be refunded
Matthew Savage in 2021
Using CAT4 data effectively – This workshop will support those wanting to improve their knowledge of the CAT4 test.
Using PT Series data effectively – this workshop will cover how to schedule and administer the PT Series tests effectively, as well as how to interpret and analyse the data to measure progress and improve outcomes.