Using PT Series Data Effectively
Once you have completed stage 1 and stage 2 of the Progress Test Series training, you will be able to sign up for the stage 3 guided course, run by Matthew Savage (most recently Principal at the International Community School, Amman.)
The “Using PT Series data effectively” course lasts for three weeks and is an online guided course.
Three-week online workshop facilitated by Matthew Savage, most recently Principal at the International Community School, Amman. A global voice in the use of student-level data to boost student wellbeing and personalise learning, Matthew works with schools worldwide to help them look ‘beneath the mask’. He specialises in the use of CAT4, PT Series and PASS to complete each student’s data triangle, and to help them #thrive and #belong.
What will the course cover?
The function and format of the Progress Test Series and how to:
- Schedule and administer the tests effectively;
- Collect, collate and share the data with teachers and other academic staff;
- Interpret and analyse the data to inform curriculum review, learning and teaching;
- Use the data to identify and structure interventions for individuals and groups;
- Use the data to measure and evidence achievement and progress.
- What are the Progress Tests? An introduction.
- Administering and sitting the Progress Tests
- Forum discussion
- Understanding your own Progress Tests data
- Key messages from the GL reports
- Forum discussion
- Curriculum Review and structured interventions
- Measuring and evidencing achievement and progress
- Forum discussion
- The course lasts three weeks and requires a commitment of up to five hours per week, through an online portal.
- Participants can schedule their activity at times that are convenient for them, but should aim to engage early each week to take maximum advantage of the group dialogue.
- Participants should have a working knowledge of the Progress Tests, and have introduced, or be in the process of introducing it, in their schools.
- Participants should be prepared to engage regularly throughout the course, including participation in forums and online tasks.
- Forum discussion is at the centre of the course, and participants must be prepared to engage with and challenge others’ ideas, as well as defending and developing their own.
- Your active contribution in all tasks and discussions is a pre-requisite of certification.
This workshop starts on the date below and will last three weeks. It requires a commitment of up to five hours per week, through an online portal. Participants can schedule their activity at times that are convenient for them, but should aim to engage early each week to take maximum advantage of the group dialogue.
- The charge for these workshops is £165 per delegate. Please note: due to popular demand, registrations are currently restricted to two delegates per school.
- Fill in the form below to register.
Events and Training Cancellation and Refund policy
Substitutions welcome at any time. Written cancellations received 2 weeks or more before the conference or training date will qualify for a full refund. Written cancellations made between 2 weeks and 1 week before the conference or training date will qualify for a 50% + VAT refund per ticket. Cancellations made less than a week before the conference or training date will not quality for a refund.
All cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. GL Assessment reserves the right to alter the programme without notice due to unforeseen circumstances. We also reserve the right in our absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel the programme in which all monies will be refunded
Matthew Savage in 2021
Using CAT4 Data effectively – This workshop will support those wanting to improve their knowledge of the CAT4 test.
Data Triangulation – this workshop provides practical guidance in how to develop a holistic approach to assessment throughout your school.
Introduction to GL Education data – this workshop is designed to meet the needs of teachers either new to the international school sector, or new to the GL assessment suite.