LASS 11-15 is a multifunctional assessment instrument with the following principal applications:
- routine profiling of students’ abilities, either on entry to secondary education or at any time between the ages of 11 and 15 years
- screening for special educational needs
- diagnosis and assessment of specific learning difficulties and dyslexia
- monitoring of literacy progress for all students
- evaluation of response to intervention
The following subsections outline the suggested ways in which LASS can be used for these applications.